Terms & Conditions of Use
GENTEX Corporation (“GENTEX”) maintains this site (the “Site”) for your information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without GENTEX’s advance written permission.
Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement regarding this subject matter between you and Gentex is superseded and of no force or effect.
Terms and Conditions
1. Everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site, without advance written permission from Gentex. Gentex neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Gentex.
2. While Gentex uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, GENTEX MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND AS TO (I) THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, USE OF OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS, AND OTHER CONTENT FOUND ON THIS SITE, (II) THE AVAILABILITY FOR USE OF ANY COPYRIGHTED, TRADEMARKED OR PROPRIETARY MATERIALS OF THIRD PARTIES THAT MAY APPEAR ON THIS SITE, OR (III) WHETHER ANY MATERIALS OR PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH MATERIALS AND OTHER CONTENT FOUND ON THIS SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. GENTEX RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, BUT WITHOUT OBLIGATION, TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY PORTION OF THE SITE. GENTEX MAY MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS, OR PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS DESCRIBED IN THE SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS AND OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
3. Gentex will endeavor to ensure that this Site is accessible for 24 hours a day but will not be
liable if‚ for any reason‚ this Site is unavailable for any time or for any period. Gentex will have the right to suspend access to this Site temporarily or permanently and without notice for any reason whatsoever. Gentex will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in contract‚ tort or otherwise if this Site is unavailable or is suspended for any reason.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used without restriction by Gentex or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, Gentex is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
5. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site, including those of Gentex are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of Gentex and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the advance written permission of Gentex or such other party, which may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. The unauthorized use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in your legal agreements, and these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Gentex will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution when and where appropriate.
6. The Gentex products, materials and technologies depicted on this Site may be protected by and covered in one or more U.S. and/or foreign patents. Specific product names and patent numbers listings will be provided upon request.
7. Gentex has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
8. Gentex controls this Site from its headquarters in Carbondale, Pennsylvania, United States of America. Those who choose to access this Site from locations other than the state of Pennsylvania, United States of America, do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export any of the contents on this Site in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. This Site can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Pennsylvania, by accessing this Site both you and Gentex agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflicts of laws principles, exclusively will govern the construction of these Terms and Conditions and all matters relating to the use of this Site. You and Gentex also consent, and hereby submit, to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and exclusive venue of the Circuit Court of Lackawanna County Court of Common Pleas or the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Scranton Office with respect to all matters relating to the use of this Site.
9. Use, duplication, or disclosure of this Site by the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19 and any other successor regulations that may be applicable.
Gentex may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions of the Legal Notice by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit the Terms and Conditions of Use posted on the site in order to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound. The information provided at this Site is not guaranteed as to its accuracy, veracity or otherwise, and may change with no prior notice to any user of the Site. Gentex hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for its failure to provide any information to any user of this site.