To better protect workers exposed to respirable silica, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has issued two new respirable crystalline silica standards:
- Construction standard–Must comply with all requirements of the standard by September 23, 2017.
- General Industry and Maritime–Must comply with all requirements of the standard by June 23, 2018.
- Consult and review the regulations before starting any silica work.
Our PureFlo team can help you select the proper respirator to help protect your workers who may be exposed to the hazards associated with crystalline silica dust. Contact us today.
For more information on regulating occupational exposure to respirable crystalline silica in the construction industry, please review OSHA’s FAQ or the following fact sheets:
- OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard for Construction
- OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard for General Industry and Maritime
- Workers’ Exposure to Respirable Crystalline Silica: Final Rule Overview